Thursday, February 19, 2009

sthlm art battles

I know a lot of talented artists in this town n I also know how hard they struggle with expensive galleries, commercial sell out n such... to put them in front of an audience n show off their skills "live" would change the agenda... giving ppl a chance to see art in action - not only as a result - could radically reform the approach... personally I was thrilled by the art battles I saw in NYC, amazed to see a piece being created from the first mark to the final highlights... I've always been into graffiti n street art, but these events gave the element a new context... indulging the irreversible process in every delicate line, accompanied by music n a concentrated crowd... wow I can't even explain... prodigious experience...

my mission is to finally put these color&contour underdogs in PROMINENT FOCUS n if everything works out it'll take place at a club I'm hosting this summer... if you're interested in taking part give me a call or throw me an email > emeliponten@email.com... financial support is of special interest since it's an impossible idea without the paperbenjaCROWNERZ...

my friend Henric Aryee is havin another exhibition soon... this is a recent piece made for the swedish rapduo Tinitus & Ted...



No comments: